Blog security is something that pretty much every blogger should be concerned with. WordPress has a number of plugins that you can use to combat hacking attempts, one of the plugins is called Limited Login Attempt plugin.
The plugin is designed to place a limit on how many times someone can attempt to login before it springs into action and prevents any more login attempts.
Some of the features of the plugin include:
- Limit the number of attempts when logging in.
- Limit the number of attempts to log in using cookies.
- Informs user about remaining retries.
- Will log the failed attempts.
- Option to have email notification sent to you.
This is what the login page will look like.