Making money online has afforded me many opportunities that just would not be available if I was still working as a road sweeper, a school cleaner or as a market researcher in a call centre somewhere.
I thought it might be a nice idea to document some of the things that I have managed to acquire thanks to the income I have earnt from writing and working online. This is not to brag, it is meant to help show you what is possible and inspire some of you to keep slogging away.
- Holidays – Although I have not taken any trips abroad yet (my choice, and my laziness in renewing my passport) I have been able to take a numerous amount of breaks in and around the United Kingdom. London, Manchester, Scotland, Wales, Plymouth, Brighton, Hastings & Bristol are just some of the places I have spent weeks relaxing in the past two years.
- New Apartment – In March last year I moved into a new apartment, it is much bigger than our previous apartment and is on the ground floor so it comes with TWO gardens so there is plenty of room for my 4 year old dog to explore and play.
- Night Out – Working online has helped me create quite an active social life. When I was doing a fulltime offline job I would be lucky to go out once or twice a month, now I regularly go out on the town two or three times a week.
- Kitting Out The Apartment – Thanks to my job I have been able to spend considerably more on kitting out and decorating our new flat. We picked up a 50in TV for the front room and two smaller 30in ones for the bedrooms. A new laptop for myself, a new sound system with some very funky Innersound Speakers and some general furniture (cabinets couch, etc.).
- Creating A Home Gym – When we moved into our new apartment we discovered that the previous owner has left a brand new shed so I staked my claim on it and have now turned it from a storage shed into a home gym. I’m evening contemplating putting a sound system in it but I’m not sure if I could find any Innersound Speakers that would not spoil the look.
I have not bought any cars because I am now allowed to drive (I’m 100% blind in my left eye and 50% blind in my right eye) but buying a property is something that will not be far away if things continues to progress at this rate.
This didn’t happen overnight, it took 10 long years for me to get to where I am today and many hours spent at my laptop & computers over the years typing article after article and hoping for a break which came four years ago.
I still can’t believe how lucky I am to be doing something like this, and I hope I can continue to do this for many years to come.